Quick Facts about Arkansas Rice Depot
Arkansas Poverty Facts
- 18.8% of Arkansans live below the poverty line
- 1 in 6 Arkansans struggle to provide enough food for their family
- 27.6 of Arkansas children live in poverty
- Arkansas ranks 1st in the nation for very low food security and 2nd in food insecurity
- The average income of a Food For Seniors recipient is $79/month, after rent and utilities are paid
If you've ever poured rice, sorted bread, or labeled cans - if you've ever served in our Volunteer Center at all - you've made our mission to find sensible solutions to hunger in Arkansas possible! We want to celebrate you!
Volunteer Appreciation Bash
April 12, 2014
Join our Mobile Text Group
Text RICE to 74700 to join or Mobile Text Group. Join today and receive updates on our work, ways to get involved, and information on upcoming events.
We're proud to be a recipient of Darden's Restaurant Community Grants program! Our local Darden restaurants - Olive Garden, North Little Rock and Little Rock, Red Lobster, North Little Rock - recognized us as leader in our community and gave $3,000 towards supporting our work to end hunger in our state. Thank you!